Happy New Year from all the team at SYNLAB Laboratory Services!
We’d like to thank all of our loyal clients for their custom in 2019, we look forward to working with you again this year.
Before we dive into another busy year, we’d like to share our review of 2019 and what you can expect in 2020:
2019 was a busy year for the drug and alcohol testing industry:
- Alcohol Awareness Week 2019 in November campaigned the theme of ‘Alcohol and Me’ to encourage open discussion and change.
- Scotland followed England and Wales by introducing new stringent laws on Drug Driving.
- A study conducted by the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS) found that 89,000 people may be turning up to work hungover or under the influence of alcohol every day.
At SYNLAB Laboratory Services, we partner with over 3,500 customers across the UK to help minimise the risks associated with drugs and alcohol in the workplace and meet industry best practice whilst protecting your people and business. Here are a few highlights from our year:
- We maintained our ISO 17025 UKAS accreditation and RISQS certification for another year.
- Alongside our ISO 17025 UKAS accreditation, we also maintained our Forensic Science Regulator’s Codes Accreditation in 2019.
- Following the successful award of the Forensic Science Regulator’s Codes Accreditation in 2018, we opened a new lab section within our in-house toxicology laboratory, specialising in forensic samples and the analysis of samples for the new stringent laws on Drug Driving. We look forward to progressing our Forensic testing services in 2020 and beyond.
- SYNLAB Laboratory Services’ Research and Development Manager; Dr Richard Evers was elected a committee member of the LTG – London Toxicology Group.
- We introduced our client education series in the way of blogs, webinars and quarterly newsletters to ensure your business remains up to date with the latest industry news.
- We expanded our laboratory as part of an ongoing development plan to accommodate new instruments, as well as our growing team, which has allowed us to expand our repertoire of drug, alcohol and pathology tests.
- We welcomed our new Managing Director, Paul James, to the SYNLAB team in March 2019.
- Our Service Delivery Project has helped us to deliver reduced ‘for cause’ response times in 2019 and will assist us to deliver further improvements in 2020.
2020 promises to be equally as exciting, with our client education series continuing throughout the year through regular blogs and webinars. We also look forward to meeting you at events up and down the country. If there is a topic you would like us to discuss, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Throughout the year we will be sharing news and activities on our LinkedIn page, follow us to stay up to date with the latest information.
To learn more about our client education you can contact us via [email protected] or call 01873 658 866